Position: Head of Global Partnerships and Business Development JOB SUMMARY: Lead and anchor all Global Partnerships and international engagements for DSTI. Create and implement a framework for converting external engagements to internal projects including engagement protocols and SoPs. Serve on DSTI Leadership team providing overall guidance and support on cross organizational issues including on operations,
Position: Head of Global Partnerships and Business Development
Lead and anchor all Global Partnerships and international engagements for DSTI. Create and implement a framework for converting external engagements to internal projects including engagement protocols and SoPs. Serve on DSTI Leadership team providing overall guidance and support on cross organizational issues including on operations, fundraising and DSTI internal systems and policies. Identify, cultivate and convert potential new business/partnership opportunities across the varied DSTI markets. Produce high quality funding and tender submissions, to secure additional partnerships linked to the delivery of DSTI Vision, Mission and Objectives, and the Government’s National Innovation and Digital Strategy. Lead donor relationships and grant management including the coordination and submission of grant reports, grant due diligence, tracking of grant timelines and other deliverables. Communication is Queen! Provide support to internal communications lead in effectively gleaning stories from DSTI colleagues and partners, and work with the staff to tell the DSTI story.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifying new grant and partnership opportunities, across delivery areas, i.e.: delivering the National Innovation and Digital Strategy
- Manage relationships and lead on communications with external partners (potential and current).
- Producing compelling concepts and funding applications, for government, trusts, foundations, international agencies and corporate funds, based on up to date research evidence, statistics and best practice.
- Oversee the planning and coordination of the bid process, in line with internal processes, agreeing and maintaining deadlines and responsibilities across various departments, to ensure high quality proposals are written, approved and submitted on time.
- Tracking the progress and maintaining accurate records of all funding applications and Expressions of Interest and success rates against these.
- Identifying current political and social developments which may affect the future funding landscape and keep up to date with best practice in government, trusts, foundations, international agencies and corporate funds arenas to identify innovations and opportunities.
- Building and maintaining an up-to-date resource and research bank of key internal and external data, demographics and statistics to support compilation of high-quality proposals and in support of evidence-based delivery, as needed.
- Observing and implementing the organisation’s practice guidelines, systems and procedures, including equal opportunities, data protection and health and safety.
- Managing and supervising DSTI staff assigned to the unit.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENT:
- Strong command of the English language
- Strong experience of writing, especially for business purposes
- Highly articulate with excellent writing skills
- Proficiency in creating and using excel spreadsheets, preferably including pivot tables
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills. Ability to distil and summarise information quickly, clearly and engagingly.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills – written, face to face and via telephone
- Lead continuous improvement of tender submissions, using sponsor and internal feedback
- Excellent research skills, including into Government Policy and able to obtain and update varied demographic information
- Effective time-management and organisational skills, producing high quality work, during stretching and sometimes multiple deadlines
- Able to manage own workload, work to deadlines and work well under pressure
- Preferably educated to degree level and/or with proven research experience in Business Management or related
- Experience of securing government and/or grant funding through tender/bid writing
- Experience of Management of junior staff and management of the development and growth of others
- Experience of Research and Peer-reviewed Publication
- Ability to work with public funded organisations and trust/grant funders
- Ability to win contracts and manage the response to tenders, including procuring feedback
- Able to construct and interpret project budgets
- Ability to tell a story with the use of digital and social media
To apply for this job, please email your CV & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org